DIY: Lemon Honey Sugar Scrub

Hi Everyone!
First of all I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year and had a relaxing time with your friends and family. I love this time of year because everyone is happy!

During the break I was stuck for gift ideas for my two sisters and as a student I don't have much money to spend on gifts. So I thought that instead I would make them something that they would really enjoy on a budget. I wanted to make something beauty related that isn't too difficult ( as my skills are very limited! ) so I decided on making a scrub. I made up this recipe with no idea if it would work or not and am quite pleased with the outcome! i hope you like it!

You will need:
1 lemon
4 tbs Olive oil
1 cup Brown Sugar
3 tbs Honey
1 tbs water (optional)

Equipment:
- large mixing bowl
- medium Mixing bowl
-  a pastry brush
- Spatula

Step by Step Guide:

1. First squeeze your lemon into a the medium sized bowl and add the olive oil.
2. Mix the lemon juice and olive oil with your pastry brush, then leave the mixture to sit .I found that the pastry brush helped combine the mixture better than a spoon.
3. In your large bowl combine the honey and sugar.
4. Then add the lemon and olive oil mix in also and mix well with a spatula until there are no inconsistencies. If your scrub is too crumbly at this point you can add some water.

5. Pour the mixture into a jar or container.

Now for decorating (my favorite part)!

I found these little cards at my local craft store.I then cut one to size.

Cut a similar sized piece of contact and use this to stick the card to the jar.
You could also tape around the edges but keep in mind that this may get wet when used.
I did the same for the lid with this cute bicycle.

Finally I added a label with bakers twine and some stick on fake pearls, then your done!
These scrubs make your skin super soft and are great for gifts or for your self! My sisters really loved their gifts and I hope you do too!!!
Please let me know if you make this yourself in the comments!!!

Zoe

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What It's Like When it is Summer in the Rest of the World!

The Truths of Living in the Southern Hemisphere in the Christmas Holidays!